- Introduction Top Water Purifiers in India
- Comparison Table: Top Water Purifiers in India
- Buying Guide: Factors to Consider
- Conclusion and Recommendations
- List of Top Water Purifiers in India
- In-Depth Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Introduction Top Water Purifiers in India
Water is the essence of life, yet it’s a sad fact that clean and safe drinking water is not readily available to all. In India, where water pollution is a significant concern, having a reliable water purifier has become a necessity for every household. A good water purifier ensures that you have access to clean, safe, and healthy drinking water that is free from harmful impurities, yet retains essential minerals.
There are various types of water purifiers available in the market today, using different purification technologies such as RO (Reverse Osmosis), UV (Ultraviolet), UF (Ultra Filtration), and more. Each technology has its unique advantages and suitability based on the type of impurities present in the water.
In this comprehensive review, we will be exploring some of the best water purifiers available in the Indian market. We will delve into their features, pros, cons, and what makes them stand out from the rest. The aim is to provide you with all the necessary information to help you make an informed decision when purchasing a water purifier for your home or office.
We understand how crucial it is to invest in a water purifier that aligns with your specific needs and budget. Therefore, our evaluation is based on critical factors such as purification technology, water storage capacity, filter life, price, customer reviews, and after-sales service.
Stay hydrated, stay healthy. Let’s dive into the world of water purifiers!
Comparison Table: Top Water Purifiers in India
|Brand||Model||Purification Technology||Storage Capacity||Filter Life||Price (Approx)||Customer Rating|
|Kent||Grand Plus||RO + UV + UF + TDS||8 Litres||4000 Litres||INR 15,000||4.3/5|
|Aquasure||Aquaguard Delight||RO + UV + MTDS||7 Litres||6000 Litres||INR 10,000||4.2/5|
|Blue Star||Aristo||RO + UV||7 Litres||3000 Litres||INR 12,000||4.1/5|
|Pureit||Advanced Pro||RO + UV + MF||5 Litres||5000 Litres||INR 9,000||4.0/5|
|Havells||Max||RO + UV||7 Litres||3500 Litres||INR 14,000||4.2/5|
Here’s a brief explanation of the comparison table:
- Brand and Model: The brand and model name of the water purifier.
- Purification Technology: The technology used by the water purifier to remove impurities. Most of them use a combination of RO (Reverse Osmosis), UV (Ultraviolet), and UF (Ultra Filtration) technologies. Some models also have TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) controllers.
- Storage Capacity: The amount of purified water that the purifier can store at a time. This is an important factor if you have a large family or high water consumption.
- Filter Life: The average life of the filters before they need to be replaced. A longer filter life means lower maintenance costs.
- Price: The approximate price of the water purifier. Prices may vary slightly depending on the seller and location.
- Customer Rating: The average rating given by customers who have purchased and used the product. This can give you a fair idea about the performance and reliability of the product.
Remember, the best water purifier for you depends on the quality of water in your area and your specific needs. It’s advisable to get your water tested to determine the type and level of impurities before choosing a water purifier.
Let’s delve deeper into the features, pros, and cons of each of these top-rated water purifiers:
- Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF
Kent Grand Plus is one of the most popular water purifiers in India. It uses a multi-stage purification process that includes RO, UV, and UF. This ensures that all types of impurities are effectively removed. The TDS controller maintains essential minerals in the water, providing you with healthy and tasty water. With a high storage capacity of 8 liters and an impressive water purification rate, it can cater to the needs of larger families as well.
However, the filters need frequent replacement, which can add to the maintenance cost. Some users have also reported issues with after-sales service.
- Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Delight
Eureka Forbes Aquasure offers a RO+UV+MTDS purification method ensuring safe drinking water even from sources like borewells, tanks, or tap water. Its energy-saving mode automatically turns off power once the tank is full, saving on electricity bills. The long-lasting cartridge can purify up to 6000 liters of water.
On the downside, the storage capacity is slightly lower at 7 liters, which may not be sufficient for larger families. Some users have also reported issues with the installation process.
- HUL Pureit Ultima Mineral RO + UV + MF
HUL Pureit Ultima provides advanced 7-stage purification and adds minerals post-purification to enhance the taste of water. It also includes a digital purity indicator that shows the quality of water. The purifier’s sleek and modern design adds to the aesthetics of your kitchen.
However, it has a higher price tag compared to other models with similar features. This might not appeal to all customers, especially those on a tight budget.
- Faber Galaxy RO+UF+MAT, 9 Liters, 7 Stage Mineral Water Purifier
Faber Galaxy offers high storage and a 7-stage purification process, ensuring the removal of all kinds of impurities. It has an elegant design that can complement various kitchen styles. The purifier also includes a smart energy-saving mode that turns off power once the tank is full.
However, customer service has received mixed reviews, which might be a concern for some buyers.
- Blue Star Majesto MA4BSAM02 8-Litre RO + UV
Blue Star Majesto provides reliable purification with its double-layered RO+UV protection, ensuring safe and pure drinking water. The 8-litre tank is decently sized for most Indian families, and the purifier has a sleek, stylish design that can enhance your kitchen’s look.
Some users have reported issues with the installation process, and the after-sales service is not up to the mark in some areas.
Each of these water purifiers has unique features and advantages, and your choice would depend on your specific needs, the quality of water in your area, and your budget.
Buying Guide: Factors to Consider
Choosing the right water purifier for your home or office can be a daunting task, given the plethora of options available in the market. Here are some key factors you should consider to make an informed decision:
- Water Quality: The quality of water in your area is the most crucial factor to consider. If the water has high TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) levels and contains harmful impurities like lead, arsenic, or fluoride, you should opt for an RO water purifier. If the water is clear but contaminated with bacteria and viruses, a UV water purifier would suffice.
- Purification Technology: As discussed earlier, there are different purification technologies like RO, UV, UF, etc. Some water purifiers use a combination of these technologies. Depending on the water quality in your area, you should choose a water purifier with the appropriate technology.
- Storage Capacity: If you live in an area with frequent power cuts, consider buying a water purifier with a high storage capacity. This ensures that you have access to purified water even when there is no electricity.
- Installation and Maintenance: Look for a water purifier that is easy to install and has low maintenance costs. The cost of replacing filters and the frequency of replacement should also be considered.
- Brand Reputation and After-Sales Service: It’s always advisable to choose a brand that has a good reputation in the market. Check customer reviews and ratings before making a purchase. Additionally, ensure that the brand offers satisfactory after-sales service.
- Certifications: Certifications from recognized institutions like NSF, WQA, or ISI indicate that the water purifier meets certain standards of quality and performance. Make sure the product you choose is certified.
- Price and Warranty: Finally, the price of the water purifier and the warranty offered by the manufacturer are also important considerations. Choose a product that offers good value for money and comes with a decent warranty period.
Remember, a water purifier is a long-term investment for your health and well-being. So, take your time, do your research, and choose the best one that suits your needs and budget.
Conclusion and Recommendations
Access to clean and safe drinking water is a fundamental necessity. Given the increasing pollution levels and declining water quality, investing in a good water purifier has become more of a necessity than a luxury.
From our comparison and in-depth review of the top water purifiers available in India, we can conclude that each model has its unique features and advantages, and the best choice would depend on your specific needs and budget.
Here are our recommendations:
- For Comprehensive Purification: If you’re looking for a water purifier that offers comprehensive purification, removing all types of impurities including bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and harmful chemicals, the Kent Grand Plus with its RO + UV + UF + TDS technology is a great choice.
- For Energy Efficiency: If energy efficiency is your primary concern, consider the Aquasure from Aquaguard Delight. Its energy-saving mode automatically turns off power once the tank is full, saving on electricity bills.
- For Aesthetic Appeal: If you want a water purifier that complements your kitchen décor, the sleek and modern design of the HUL Pureit Ultima or Blue Star Majesto would be ideal.
- For Budget-Friendly Option: If you’re on a tight budget but don’t want to compromise on the quality of purification, the Pureit Advanced Pro offers excellent value for money.
Remember, the most expensive water purifier isn’t necessarily the best one for you. Assess the quality of water in your area, determine your needs, and choose a model that fits your requirements and budget. Don’t forget to consider factors like maintenance costs, filter life, and after-sales service while making your decision.
Invest in a good water purifier today, and ensure the health and well-being of your family.
List of Top Water Purifiers in India
Based on the search results from various sources, the following models have been consistently recognized as some of the top water purifiers in India in 2023:
- Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF: This model from Kent is a popular choice owing to its comprehensive purification process involving RO, UV, and UF. It has a high storage capacity of 8 liters, making it suitable for larger families.
- Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Delight: Known for its energy-saving mode, this purifier uses RO+UV+MTDS purification method which makes it capable of purifying water from different sources.
- HUL Pureit Ultima Mineral RO + UV + MF: This model stands out with its advanced 7-stage purification process and digital purity indicator.
- Faber Galaxy RO+UF+MAT, 9 Liters, 7 Stage Mineral Water Purifier: With its high storage and multi-stage purification process, this model from Faber is a reliable choice. It also comes in a sleek design that adds to its appeal.
- Blue Star Majesto MA4BSAM02 8-Litre RO + UV: This purifier offers double-layered RO+UV protection, ensuring safe and pure drinking water. It is also recognized for its sleek and stylish design.
Other notable brands mentioned are Tata and HUL, known for their range of water purifiers catering to different needs and budgets.
While these are some of the top models, the best water purifier for you would depend on your specific needs, the quality of water in your area, and your budget. It’s advisable to consider factors like purification technology, storage capacity, maintenance cost, brand reputation, and after-sales service while making your decision.
Let’s delve deeper into the features, pros, and cons of some of the top water purifiers in India:
Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF:
This technologically advanced water purifier uses a combination of RO, UV, and UF purification processes to eliminate all kinds of impurities from water. It has a high storage capacity of 8 liters and comes with a TDS controller that retains essential minerals in the purified water. Its patented Mineral ROTM technology provides double purification, making it an ideal choice for homes where water quality is a significant concern. However, some users have reported that the maintenance cost is on the higher side.
- This purifier uses a multi-stage purification process that includes RO, UV, and UF. It has a high storage capacity of 8 litres and an impressive water purification rate. The TDS controller maintains essential minerals in the water.
- The filters need frequent replacement, adding to the maintenance cost.
Regular Maintenance Tip for Kent Grand Plus 8-Litre Mineral RO + UV/UF: To ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your Kent Grand Plus water purifier, it’s crucial to replace the RO membrane and other filters as per the manufacturer’s recommendation. This typically should be done every 6-12 months. Regular maintenance not only ensures pure, healthy water but also prevents damage to the system and extends its lifespan.
Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Delight:
This model offers a multi-stage purification process using RO+UV+MTDS. Its energy-saving mode automatically turns off power once the tank is full, which helps in saving electricity. The purifier also comes with a smart LED indication for the power and purification process. Some users have pointed out that the flow rate of water is slightly slow.
- This water purifier offers RO+UV+MTDS purification method ensuring safe drinking water. The energy-saving mode is a plus. It also boasts a long-lasting cartridge.
- The storage capacity is slightly lower at 7 litres.
Performance Tip for Eureka Forbes Aquasure from Aquaguard Delight: To ensure the best performance of your water purifier, make sure to periodically clean the exterior with a damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals as they can damage the outer plastic body. Additionally, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on filter replacement to ensure you’re always drinking pure, safe water.
HUL Pureit Ultima Mineral RO + UV + MF:
This water purifier stands out with its advanced alert system that warns you 15 days before the Germkill Kit gets over. The RO + UV + MF purification process ensures that the water is free from harmful substances. The 10-liter storage capacity is suitable for larger families. However, the high price point may not be affordable for everyone.
- This purifier provides advanced 7-stage purification. It also includes a digital purity indicator and adds minerals post-purification to enhance the taste of water.
- The higher price might not appeal to all customers.
Efficiency Tip for HUL Pureit Ultima Mineral RO + UV + MF: For efficient functioning of your water purifier, ensure that the storage tank is cleaned periodically. This can prevent the build-up of impurities or bacteria. Also, remember to replace the Germkill Kit at regular intervals as per the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure the continuous supply of safe and pure drinking water.
Faber Galaxy RO+UF+MAT, 9 Liters, 7-Stage Mineral Water Purifier:
This model is known for its 7-stage purification process and high storage capacity. It also features a mineral addition technology that adds essential minerals back to the water post-purification. The sleek and stylish design is a bonus. Some users have reported issues with after-sales service.
- This purifier offers high storage and a 7-stage purification process. It has an elegant design that can complement various kitchen styles.
- Customer service has received mixed reviews.
Optimization Tip for Faber Galaxy RO+UF+MAT, 9 Liters, 7 Stage Mineral Water Purifier: To make the most out of your water purifier, it’s important to keep track of the filter life. The Faber Galaxy has an indicator for this purpose. Make sure to replace the filters when indicated to ensure the highest quality of purified water. Additionally, keep the purifier in a cool and dry place to prevent any damage to its internal components.
Blue Star Stella ST4BSHC01 8.2-Litre RO + UV Water Purifier
This water purifier offers double-layered RO+UV protection, ensuring that the water is absolutely safe to drink. It also comes with a child lock button and a stylish faucet. However, it lacks an alert system for filter change.
- This model provides reliable purification with its double-layered RO+UV protection. The 8-litre tank is decently sized, and the purifier has a sleek, stylish design.
- Some users have reported issues with the installation process.
Maintenance Tip for Blue Star Stella ST4BSHC01 8.2-Litre RO + UV Water Purifier: Regular maintenance is key to the performance of your water purifier. Always ensure that the UV lamp and filters are replaced as per the manufacturer’s instructions, typically once a year. Also, clean the water storage tank regularly to prevent any build-up of impurities. The Blue Star Stella features a tank-full indicator, make sure to not exceed this limit for optimal functioning.
These in-depth reviews should give you a better understanding of each model’s features, helping you make an informed decision.